The leadership team is a Troop Committee made up of volunteers who have boys in the troop. Trail Life USA has a required set of Troop Committee Leadership positions:
TROOP COMMITTEE: CORE LEADERSHIP TEAM (required Troop Committee positions)
- Charter Organization Representative (COR) | The Charter Organization Representative is the most important
Troop leader and is appointed by the Institutional Head.
- Troop Chaplain (CHAP) | The Troop Chaplain assures that the Troop emphasizes and stays true to its Christian
mission (organizing prayer for meetings, services at campouts, etc).
- Committee Chair (CC) | The Committee Chair presides over Troop Committee Meetings, and follows up with
Committee members as they complete their work.
- Treasurer (TREAS) | The Treasurer is a record keeper, maintaining accounts for all financial transactions.
- Troopmaster (TM) | Oversees all direct contact leaders (those volunteers who work directly with the boys
each week), understands all programmatic operations of the Troop, reports successes and systemic
challenges faced by leaders and youth.